Feb 11, 2011

Makes My Day

My daughter, who’s about to turn fourteen in a couple of days, has the sweetest spirit. One of the most endearing things about her is the way she outwardly and whole-heartedly expresses gratitude for even the smallest things. She will hunt me down in the house to say “thank you” for something like doing laundry. Once, she even called me late at night from a friend’s sleepover to say, “Mom, I meant to thank you for helping me pack and driving me over.” As a parent, I never cease to feel a bit of joy in those moments, even though she thanks me a dozen times a day. I think it has to be the same for God. He blesses us continually in ways we usually take for granted, but I know He never gets tired of hearing us thank Him, for things both great and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment